Monday 18 February 2013

Three Day Road: Entry 4


It is expected that there are killing and violence in this book since it is about WWI. I personally don't mind descriptive words and imagery, in fact, I love them since it makes reading more interesting. However, when it comes to blood and gore, I just cannot stand it. And since this book is filled with them, I sometimes have a hard time reading it, because when I do read it I feel weak and light-headed. I wasn't always like this though, I didn't mind watching bloody scenes in movies when I was young. I might have developed this fear from watching too much violent movies. Anyways, even though it is just words, the tiny little detail the book gives make it no different from watching a movie. So I might have some trouble reading the rest of the book. Oh well, I chose this book so I guess I'll have to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment